Dentures provide numerous benefits to a multitude of people, but certain issues can arise over time. When a person is experiencing any kind of issue with his or her dentures, he or she should make an appointment to have his or her dentures looked at and possibly repaired.
If you are having any kind of problems with your dentures in Southern California, you will want to immediately contact McBride Dental. Dr. Michael McBride is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry. Call 760-471-1003 to schedule your appointment.
Frequent Issues with Dentures
Many denture-related issues occur with the passage of time and the natural changes to a person’s mouth, but many other problems involve people who recently received dentures getting used to the dentures. Some of the most common issues include, but are not limited to:
- Poor Fit — Nobody wants to experience the humiliation of dentures falling out, and this fear becomes even more pronounced when dentures do not feel securely in place. In some cases, deteriorating gum tissue or jawbone can cause dentures to sit awkwardly. It is important to have ill-fitting dentures looked at quickly in order to avoid possible sores and infections.
- Difficulty Chewing — Even with dentures to replace missing teeth, some people can still have a hard time consuming certain foods. When dentures cover a person’s palate, it can also affect how food tastes. Dentures should still function like normal teeth, so any chewing issues may be a reason to have dentures adjusted.
- Bad Look — Some people receive dentures that do not match their natural teeth. Whether it’s the shade or the size that’s mismatched, the difference is notable and thus prevents people from reaping the improved self-confidence benefits that normally come with dentures. You should have poorly created dentures replaced if they are not creating an ideal appearance.
- Pain — Dentures can occasionally irritate a person’s gums. Failure to properly maintain dentures can also create additional problems, including possible infections such as Cheilitis.
- Excess Saliva — Most people who her dentures will notice that their mouths are producing more saliva. This is perfectly natural and the effect eventually subsides as the mouth adjusts to the dentures.
- Bad Breath — People who do not use adhesives with their dentures may have food particles accumulate behind the dentures. Such particles and the lingering plaque can create a very unpleasant odor.
Get Dentures Repaired in Southern California
Are you having any kind of issues with your dentures in Southern California? You will want to contact McBride Dental as soon as possible.
Our office includes an on-site dental lab that allows us to perform denture repairs in one hour. Because we fabricate all of our dentures and partials in the office, we maintain full control over the quality of the dentures and partials the entire time.
Dr. Michael McBride has more than 30 years of experience and serves clients throughout the greater San Marcos area. You can schedule your own appointment as soon as you call 760-471-1003 or contact us online today.