What is a Cavity?May 13, 2020
Can You Eat Your Way to a White Smile?May 23, 2020
Smiling, laughter, and personal confidence are beneficial to every aspect of your body and mind. Numerous studies show that overall well-being and health can be increased when you are feeling positive and smiling. There are several health benefits to the act smiling including:
- Smiling can boost your mood when you aren’t feeling particularly good about yourself or your situation. People who smile more exhibit increased spirits and positive thinking. Looking at situations or reacting to them differently, and with a more positive view may work like instant medicine and may bolster your feelings. This can be enormously helpful for those struggling with depression or anxiety. These folks can benefit from adding cognitive and behavioral therapies to their regime.
- Laughter can strengthen and protect your heart. It has been shown in a 2009 review that shows a good chuckle will initially speed up your heart rate but then there is muscle relaxation where the heart rate slows down and along with a lowering of your blood pressure. The results of studies done on the effects of laughter in humans show positive results across the board.
- Along with a relaxed heart rate, smiling can reduce your stress levels.
- People that tend to smile more, also exude confidence and experience happy feelings more often. These same people are highly associated with stable and lasting relationships.
- Smiling regularly improves immune function by signaling the brain to function in a way that causes the body to combat stress and attack illness.
- Smiling may even help reduce physical pain!
Yet there are many people who feel insecure about their smile because their teeth are bad shape. Being uninterested in smiling because you feel judged by others for your crowded, stained, or missing teeth is understandable. You don’t have to continue on being self-conscious about your teeth and not experiencing the many benefits of smiling. The San Marcos cosmetic dentists at McBride Dental can help you. We offer a variety of cosmetic dental procedures including composite dental fillings, MTM clear aligner, one-day dental veneers, and teeth whitening.
How Can Cosmetic Dentistry Help Improve Your Mood and Your Health?
- When you feel good and feel sure of yourself and your teeth, you are more likely to smile. This will help your social interactions and provide you with all the many physical and cognitive health benefits smiling and laughing offer.
- If you hate to go to the dentist because you fear the pain and time it takes to clean your teeth, cosmetic dentistry can provide you with the fix you need for an attractive smile and one that can be effectively cleaned. Properly cleaned teeth will help you avoid periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- You will be more motivated to do the work at home for maintaining your healthy teeth after you have made the dental fixes that were necessary.
Are Your Ready to Get The Smile You Deserve?
The caring California dental practice at McBride Dental welcomes you to call us and determine the right services for the beautiful smile you have always wanted with long-lasting results. Call the San Diego cosmetic dentist at McBride Dental to schedule your appointment at (760) 471-1003.